Saturday 4 December 2010

Sunderland - God's Country

God's Country, I hear you say. Well, I am biased of course, as Sunderland is the place where I was born and bred. A visit to the town centre at the tail end of Autumn 2010 was originally a business visit to the Tourist Information Centre, to deliver a large amount of stock in preparation for Christmas. No photography was planned, although I did have the Lowepro Trekker, fully loaded, in the boot of my car, just in case. It certainly came in handy!

On my return to the car, which, for the record, was parked in St Mary's multi-storey, I had a quick look out the top storey window towards the Stadium Of Light. What a view! A clear day presented a perfect opportunity to shoot digital across the River Wear, which flowed below the Wearmouth Bridge just in front of me. The Autumn colours were on display, adding some fine colour to the landscape and finishing the shot off perfectly. Panning from left to right I fired off three frames before jumping back into the car and heading for home.

Gotta admit, I love this panoramic effort. I have it printed, mounted and framed - ready for the Tourist Board in early January 2010. I think I might just sell one or two!
(click image to enlarge)

Cheers, Ash