Saturday 18 December 2010

Dusk, Roker Pier, Sunderland

Early morning, 8 'o clock precise.
The location is Roker Pier, Sunderland and the temperature is minus five. The things some people do to get a good photograph, eh. I need me bloody head checking - NOT ARF !!

There's a clear blue sky with some decent colour on the horizon, so I waste no time in making my way onto the pier. It looks like I have the pier to myself, which is unusual as there's usually a few fishermen kicking about. I set my tripod up and wait for an improvement in lighting conditions. The fisherman turn up at this point and that's fine by me - let's see if I can include them in the shot!

Once again I'm running with long exposures, on the legs with a remote release - selective spot focusing on a 100 ASA setting, exposed in RAW format at 18 megapixels. The shutter trips. It's a good one - I'm happy.

Just before I wrap up this short blog entry - I've splashed out on a new lens! It's been on my wish list for a while and I finally got my hands on it yesterday. It's a Canon 10-22mm wide angle EF-S. These fella's don't come cheap so I'll be pushing it to it's limits and hoping to get a good return on it, starting tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

Until then, stay warm!
Ash