Sunday 7 March 2010

Souter Lighthouse, Whitburn

Aye, about time too! Well, after a barren couple of weeks with the camera, I managed to get out and about today. I was up bright and early at 5.40am as I had a 7' o clock start at Nissan. Not being one to back heel a bit of 'Double Time' I headed off to work on another freezing cold morning, this time there was clear blue skies. There was a nice sunrise at 6.45am but I was AWOL once again. Maybe next time.

On my return home at 11.00am I decided to have a scout about after lunch in the hope of getting to grips with my new toy, the Canon 7D. Since buying the camera a few weeks ago I haven't really had a decent run of outings due to the poor weather so hopefully that will change as Spring is almost upon us. So, off I went. I headed to Whitburn, which lies between Seaburn and South Shields on the north-east coast of England.

A quick stop off at the National Trust site of Souter Lightouse gave me my first photo opportunity of the day and I was now off and running. There were a few people dotted here and there but they never got in my way, apart from one girl who decided to stand next to the boat near the lighthouse while she lit up. I had to wait a few minutes until she'd seen the tab off before I could get the shot I wanted. I reckon she knew she was holding me back but it looked like she couldn't give a ferk, as she stared me out during every drag of her Regal King Size. Silly moo!

Me patience got the shot...eventually!
Thanks for reading, Ash