Sunday 28 March 2010

More River Banks

Last weekend I found myself on Newcastle Quayside and the banks of the River Tyne. Today I was on the banks of the River Wear in the East End of Sunderland, bathed in sunshine, although quite windy at the same time. It was last Spring that I got a great shot along this stretch, one which has sold well in Sunderland Tourist Information Centre and which also appeared in St Benedict's Hospice Calendar 2010. The photo in question was taken on a very similar day to today and the broken clouds were back so maybe I could repeat the performance.

Not wishing to duplicate that shot, I took up position near the Fish Quay, on the south side, opposite the St Peter's Church. The tide was high and there were plenty fishing boats to give the shot plenty of foreground interest. The four-frame panoramic shot (below) includes Sunderland University Campus, Wearmouth Harbour, Hendon Docks and Wylam Wharf.

Hope you like them. See ya later!
Ash