Friday 20 August 2010

Hayle Beach, Cornwall

Cornwall at last. The weather wasn't great upon our arrival and the five day forecast was nothing to get excited about either. Don't ya just love the great british weather, eh. Mind you, it's second nature to get on with things and accept whatever weather comes your way. Let's face it - what choice have ya got when you live in the UK!


It was year since our last visit to Cornwall. A retrospective account of it can be found on my blog - right here. 2010 saw us return to the Hayle area, which is situated on the north coast of Cornwall near the more commercial town of St. Ives.
As there was no write-up of Hayle in my 2009 blog I thought I'd include it this time around, adding it to the list of places I'd already visited and 'shot' during my time in Cornwall.

Hayle has one of the finest beaches in Cornwall so this latest blog entry concentrates on that area of the town, as opposed to the urban and shopping areas. The first shot (top) was taken from a position along the beach towards Godrevey Lighthouse. It was shortly after 8.30pm and the sun was very low, casting a nice orange glow across the fine sand. There must have only been a dozen or so people on the full stretch of the beach, which was almost two miles across. The tide was coming in rapidly so I didn't hang about. A rogue jellyfish sat motionless on the sand, as they tend to do, and I almost stood on it, bare footed. That would have been funny eh - not!

I've added a couple of other shots to this blog entry, which were taken at various points on Hayle beach. One shows a rather nice sunset with rolling waves and a solitary ship on the horizon. Coastal shots and seascapes is what Cornish photography is all about, according to me.

I hope you like them, and thanks again for reading my blog.

Ash