Saturday 21 August 2010

Another Day In Looe, Cornwall

It was certainly beach weather today, so what better way to pass the time than a visit to another one of Cornwall's finest beaches, at Looe. Like last years visit, the tide was out and the beach was packed. The harbour was dry and gone was the opportunity to photograph the floating boats along the picturesque riverside, so I settled for a walk through the main street with it's many off-shoots.

This olde worlde fishing village has retained many of it's charactertic features, and this was evident as I explored the back streets of Looe's town centre. Tight narrow back lanes with small fishing cottages are in abundance, along with a scattering of 'Bed And Breakfast' houses as you go.

Mind you, Looe probably has more pasty shops than any of the other Cornish villages I've visited to date. Of course I couldn't help me'sel could I. It was lamb and mint today - straight out of the oven and down me cake hole. Aye, it was spot on! Today we were on a short tour of the southern coast of Cornwall and Looe was our lunch time stop. A couple of hours short stay and it was time to move on - next stop...Polperro. Looking forward to that one (coming soon).

Ash