Thursday 24 December 2009

Seven Sisters - Revisited

After even more snow I decided to revisit the Seven Sisters in Houghton-Le-Spring. This ancient burial ground is situated at one of the highest points in the town and today it overlooks hundreds of snow covered rooftops. As you'd imagine, the cold bites even harder up a height and today was certainly no exception.

There were a few local kids sledging off the burial mound but they left shortly after I arrived. I must remember to use deodorant!

Aye, this time I was well equipped. I had me wooly hat on and me digits were given a slight bit of respite from the cold in the shape of a rather nice pair o' mitts. Without a fully working set of fingers I might struggle to operate my camera settings so I needed to treat them with a bit of care. After all, they'd been put through the rings during the last few days during my regular photo outings.

Well, they certainly kept me fingers warm but they were nee good when pressing little buttons and rotating filters and the like. I got there in the end though.

The sun had set and there was quite a bit of after colour on the horizon. The Seven Sisters were once again threw into silhouette as I quickly got to work. I tried a few different positions (oo er!)
and grabbed a varity of shots, including a 3 frame panorama that I could later stitch with the help of Photoshop . I had experienced many a chill during my recent Christmas photography outings but none compared to this one. I had to sit in the car with the heaters on for a good ten minutes before driving back home. If I'd stayed out any longer I woulda' froze. You do some strange things to get the photo's you want. Some would say it's dedication - some would say I want my head checking.
What do you think?...he he.

Merry Christmas to one and all on this Christmas Eve 2009.
Ash