Thursday 24 December 2009

More Christmas Scenes...

Another visit to Gateshead's Angel Of The North - my first visit in the snow. Despite the clear blue skies and an appearance from Mr Sun, it was once again very cold here in the north-east of England. I was accompanied by my 8 year old son Christopher, as we had an afternoon sledging the slopes around the Angel. We had a good laugh, as did the others who were sledging next to us, before I grabbed a few photo's before we headed off home for a bite to eat. The sun came out from behind the low cloud cover at just the right time. The rusty colour of the Angel was now prominent so I done the necessary before it disappeared again. A few minutes later it was gone!

Someone had made a small snowman on a fence post nearby. The little fella wanted to destroy it but I quickly put him in his place...tut tut! It helped give some foreground interest along the pathway to the angel, as you can see in the photograph below.

After packing my camera away my son said 'Ok Dad, NOW can I bash the snowman up'.
I told him to 'Gerra Life' and leave the little fella alone...he he...so he dropped his snowball and we made our way back to the car park (wink). Ee eh, the young 'uns today!

Until the next time, see ya,
Ash