Sunday 16 August 2009

The Headland, Hartlepool

I'd only previously visited Hartlepool on one occasion, to watch a pre-season friendly at the Victoria Ground against my team - Sunderland. Today my wife went shopping so me and my son, Christopher, visited the Museum Of Hartlepool on the historic quay. It wasn't half windy - lost me cap on more than one occasion, much to the amusement of the little fella.

After our museum visit we headed for the Headland, a few minutes drive away. I parked up and we went onto the sand and mucked about for half an hour, looking into the rock pools for any sign of life. Nothing. The multi-coloured houses that overlook the harbour draw you in. Each one rendered in a different colour finish. They were just waiting to be photographed. These shots were taken with a Fuji compact, hand-held.

Cheers, Ash