Thursday 13 August 2009

Bath Stop-Over

On the road again!
Destination - Cornwall, and a rather hefty drive. I didn't fancy doing Houghton to Cornwall in one go so the trip was split in two parts, with an overnight stay in Bath.
Once again my travels had taken me to another place that I'd never previously visited and although I only saw the city centre, it was another lovely place that I enjoyed. It was early evening when we arrived and the overcast conditions weren't ideal for photography, so I didn't devote much time to it, opting for a bar meal and a nice cold pint instead. And why not - the week ahead would surely present plenty of photography opportunities, so there was no hurry.

The centre of Bath is an interesting place. Lots of historical interest in the architecture, especially the Abbey, Roman Baths and the picturesque Circus (pictured above). As well as the usual 'Run of the mill' city centre shops, there were lots of designer and antique outlets plus a good range of pubs and restaurants. Quite a few people had gathered next to the cathedral as a busker played ballads on an acoustic guitar. He was rather good.
My son suggested we should buy his £8 cd, which was on display next to his guitar case, until I said to him 'Well, he's not THAT good' he he. One place that we never got to see was the Royal Crescent. I'd seen plenty photographs of it in the past and no doubt a visit would have provided me with a few of my own, so maybe next time. Yes, another lovely place, one which will be revisited whenever I'm in the area next.

Back soon, Ash