Tuesday 18 June 2013

Cherry Blossom, Saltwell Park, Gateshead

Back again!
Not much time to spare today so I'll be swift this one. A recent, and first time visit to Saltwell Park in Gateshead presented a an opportunity to grab a nice photo or two of Cherry Blossom in full bloom - always an eye-catching site. You see plenty of this stuff during the month of May and early June, before it falls to the floor, creating a bit of a mess, it has to be said. This time was different though, as a pathway through Saltwell Park was flanked with trees in fine colour, offering me the chance to grab a shot at its very best. My favourite shot is the first one, with the couple walking hand-in-hand along the path. Other people stopped to take photo's, either on mobile phones or digital camera's, and I captured one such person here, although his hair style almost stole the show entirely - what do you think?

Back soon.
Ash

P.S - Check out my latest update featuring my recent visit to the Farne Islands. Blog entry coming next...