Monday 9 April 2012

Penshaw Tea Rooms

Situated between Chester le Street and Sunderland, just off the the A183, lies one of the North East's most iconic landmarks - Penshaw Monument. To those of you who aren't familiar with the Monument click here, it'll save me the bother as I'm off out to collect an Indian takeaway shortly and time isn't on my side, he he. At the foot of Penshaw Hill is Penshaw Nursery & Tea Rooms, a place that has been exhibiting and selling my work for over two years. People flock here from far and wide, if not to buy the plants and shrubs, then probably to sample the fine food and drink that is on offer each day. Who knows, some folk might even make the journey just to admire the artistry on the walls, before digging deep and walking out with a piece of their own. Although one or two other artists exhibit their work in the Tea Rooms, I have established myself as a popular photographer, judging by the amount of sales that Tony and Robert (The owners) have made during the last two years. It all started off with an enquiry by myself, which led to my feet getting well and truly underneath their table, before going on to bigger and better things. Originally, half a dozen mounted prints were sold, then I hooked up a couple of A4 framed prints to test the water, and they sold. I then exhibited larger mounts and larger framed prints (A3), which followed suit. The trend continued well into my second year of involvement so expanded my product range to A2 framed prints, Canvas Prints and Postcards. The decision paid off handsomely as more of my work was ordered due to the sales of previous deliveries. The majority of orders by request are photographs of Penshaw Monument, although we have had success with other subjects, such as Angel Of The North, Durham Cathedral and various coastal scenes throughout the region. Penshaw Tea Rooms is now stocking a large range of my photography in a variety of formats, featuring lots of new scenes. There are approximately 20 framed prints in a variety of sizes and colours, 6 Canvas Prints, 30 Mounted Prints and a small selection of Postcards. No spare hooks to be at at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon, especially after the heavy volume of people that pass through the doors over the Easter period and beyond.
Why not get thee'sel owa and check it out!
AC