Sunday 30 May 2010

Church On The Hill, Washington Village

There is only one holy hill in Washington village and that is the one upon which the Holy Trinity Church stands. Also known as the 'Church On The Hill', it is situated right next to the Old Hall in Washington Village.

It was purely by chance that I got this shot as I had intended to visit the gardens of the Old Hall but it was closed on Wednesday's. A bit strange I thought, but never mind. It was a lovely day too, and at this point I thought I'd have to do a runner and return another day. I walked the short distance back to the car - yes, I'm a bit of a lazy bugger after putting in a night shift! Right next to the car were the steps to the church and I couldn't help but notice the floral display right in front of me. Time to 'Tap in' and see what I could get. I took a few low angle shots with the 'Live View' activated as I didn't fancy lying on the floor and composing through the viewfinder.

Quite pleased with the results. Infact, I think I'll send one in to Pip at Tyne Tees - she likes a flower or two.

That is all.
Ash