Saturday 23 April 2011

Mowbray Gardens, Sunderland

A couple of weeks ago I visited Mowbray Gardens in Sunderland City Centre. My last visit was at least two years ago, as I remember taking a few photographs for a calendar I was contributing to at the time. During the Spring and Summer months the well maintained gardens are bouncing with colour, so the visitor count rises considerably during this time. The weather was fine so I had the perfect opportunity to get the shots I wanted.

Mowbray Gardens are situated behind Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens - another place that's worth visiting if you're in the area. The Winter Gardens stimulate the senses with over 2,000 flowers and plants brought together in a spectacular showcase of the world's natural beauty. Here is a selection of shots from my recent visit, which lasted 45 minutes or so. Cheers, Ash