Wednesday 17 November 2010

Far Flung Corners

Over the past two years I've had a lot of success selling my work to the Tourist Board in Sunderland, the town where I was born and bred. I originally submitted two framed prints back in November 2008 and both sold within their first week of display, so I was promptly invited to replace them with new offerings from my photo collection. I had more good fortune as my second batch sold shortly afterwards and by this time I was now beginning to establish myself within the organisation. A steady supply of new stock, including mounted prints and framed prints also sold quite soon after I submitted them and the trend has continued that way for the last two years. I have sold a variety of frame sizes, all of which carry 'Ashley Corr Photography' images that have been captured in the North-East of England. My finished work is all numbered and are offered as 'Limited Edition' products, and I have recently branched out with the production of 100% cotton canvas prints. This is a new line that I have recently developed and initial sales have started very well.

Because of my involvement with the Tourist Board this has attracted interest from the European Team who are based at Sunderland City Council. The European Team represent Sunderland and act on behalf the City to develop existing partnerships between other countries and to attract foriegn investment to Sunderland. The delegates regularly visit foreign shores and have been buying my work to exchange as gifts during their visits abroad. Consequently my work has very recently been shipped to Russia and China, with more visits to other countries being scheduled for early 2011. Naturally I'm very pleased that my work is now being recognised outside the UK and long may it continue.

I am currently in talks with representatives from other business which may well see an expansion of my work within the local area. Stay tuned for further developments!

Cheers, Ash