Wednesday 18 August 2010

Next Stop...Exeter

Yes, being on the road for hours on end can be quite tiring at times. The owld dog aint getting any younger ya know. I remember opening a can of Relentless to help ease the drooping eyelids as I headed towards the A30 for our final journey to base. Those robbing bastards at Trowell Services stung me to the tune of £2.10 for a fix of the energy drink that would keep me going on the long journey south. £2.10 I tell you!!! At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a feckin' mask!!!!!!!!!

Aye well, the journey onward was a decent one - sun was shining and the roads weren't too busy. After a while I could feel a toilet stop beckoning. That large can of Relentless was beginning to take it's toll so the anchors were ready to drop in nearby Exeter - another place I hadn't visited before.

It was a fairly brief stop. Must have been no longer than an hour at most. First port of call was Exeter Cathedral and the surrounding shops and cafe's. By this time the weather was great and the crowds were out. I took a few photo's after a coffee stop near the cathedral then it was time to head back to the car. It would have been nice to explore the place a bit more but time was against us and Cornwall was almost around the corner.

Speak soon. Cheers,
Ash