Monday 1 February 2010

The Next Chapter

It's been a while since my last blog entry, mainly due to the fact that I haven't been out and about with my Nikon D80. There's a good reason for this - I got shot of it! I felt the time was right for an upgrade and I like to work with one camera alone so I went and treat myself to a brand spanking new Canon 7D. Turning my back on Nikon wasn't a hard decision and I done my research before switching sides, so to speak. The new toy pulls in massive images, which is just what I need when planning to make the jump to high-format printing. I mean, with a capability of 18 Megapixels, and a single RAW shot weighing in at 50 Megabytes, this camera is right up my street.

Of course, these things don't come cheap. When you tot-up the add on's - Extra glass, Battery grip and Circular Polariser, you're gonna want a decent return on your outlay. Well, things are taking shape just nicely so I'll keep you all posted on developments.

Ok, enough of the prattle. Here are a couple of Jpeg's I shot with the new toy. I hope you like them. Speak soon.

Ash